Regina Public Schools administers Home-Based Education for students living within the Regina city limits.
- For information regarding Home-Based Education in Regina Public Schools refer to Regina Public Schools Administrative Procedure 280 and/or contact Michele Roland Semenchuck, Home-Based Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 306.523.3145.
- For information regarding Home-Based Education in the province of Saskatchewan refer to Saskatchewan Ministry of Education Homeschooling.
- For curriculum information, please refer to Saskatchewan Ministry of Education Curriculum.
- Summarized Outcomes (Kindergarten to Grade 5)
- Summarized Outcomes (Grades 6-9)
HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION:
- For information regarding Grade Twelve Graduation Requirements and 10, 20, and 30 Level Credits, refer to Credit Requirements for Grades 10, 11, and 12.
REGISTRATION FOR HOME-BASED EDUCATION:
- To register your Home-Based Education program with Regina Public Schools, please complete the following three forms *:
- *Notification of a Home-based Education Program
- *Written Education Plan 2016-17
- *Home-Based Education Registration form (Regina Public Schools)
- Sample Written Education Plan
Please submit these forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
Regina Public Schools Home-Based Education
1600 4th Avenue
Att’n: Michele Roland Semenchuck
ANNUAL PROGRESS REPORT:
- Home-based educators are required to submit an Annual Progress Report for each home-based learner. All Annual Progress Reports for the 2016-17 school year should be submitted by June 15, 2017. There are options for the format of the Annual Progress Report:
1. Test results of a nationally normed standardized test administered by the Home-Based educator. If you are interested in requesting a standardized test to administer to your registered Home-Based Education student, please contact Michele Roland Semenchuck for the request form.
2. A Portfolio of Work (a periodic log and work samples; OR a periodic log & summative record; OR a periodic log, work samples, & summative record.
3. If your student is taking on-line courses through Saskatchewan Distance Education Courses, please send a report indicating the classes your child has taken this year along with the final grade received.
REIMBURSEMENT FOR EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS & SERVICES:
- If your Home-Based Education Program for the 2016-17 school year was registered with Regina Public Schools by September 15, 2016, you are eligible for reimbursement for certain educational materials and services. All original receipts must be submitted along with a signed Verification of Purchased Educational Materials & Services form for reimbursement. Your reimbursement package must be submitted to the Home-Based Education Coordinator by May 1, 2017. For further information about reimbursements, please refer to the Administrative Procedures 280 document at the top of the page or contact the Home-Based Education Coordinator for a Guidelines for Reimbursement Support Document.