Shared Values Recognition Program Recipients Honoured
On September 12, 2016, recipients of the eighth annual Shared Values Recognition Program Award were formally honoured by the Board of Education. The Event was held at Innovation Place, at the University of Regina complex. Trustees, senior administration and employee group representatives, as well as school-based administration gathered with the recipients and their families to recognize this achievement.
This reception was an opportunity for the recipients and their invited friends and family to meet with the Board and senior management and celebrate their achievement. The reception was also an informal gathering meant to highlight what the recipients’ professionalism, caring and demonstration of the Shared Values mean to Regina Public Schools, its staff and, moist of all, its students.
The ten recipients were nominated by either their peers or parents and students, or a combination of the three. Recipients receive a Shared Values plaque and will have their names put on one of two larger plaques that hangs by the board room at Division Office.
The Board of Education and Senior Administration are very proud to announce the following recipients – note place of work is from 2015-16 school year.
- Holly Allison-Kay, Administrative Assistant, Coronation Park Community School
- Monica Archambault, Teacher, Massey School
- Jodi Christiansen, Teacher, Dr. Hanna School
- Marjorie-Anne Gilroy, Teacher, Jack MacKenzie School
- Karla Kober Cairns, Executive Assistant, School Services, Division Office
- Sarah Longman, Supervisor of Aboriginal Education, Student Achievement, Division Office
- Lori Milligan, Manager, Outdoor Environmental Education, Student Achievement, Division Office
- Linda Mitchell, EAL Coordinator, Student Achievement, Division Office
- Kay-Lynne Purtill, Special Education Assistant, Imperial Community School
- Noel Starblanket, Elder in Residence, Regina Public Schools
For more information about the Shared Values and the SVRP, please visit: http://www.rbe.sk.ca/school-board/mission/shared-values-recognition-program.
In the next few months, you will get details about the launch of the 2016-17 program. Please take the time to recognize and congratulate all the winners.
Cutline from picture: 2015-16 Shared Values Recognition Program Award recipients. (Back row, l. to r.): Noel Starblanket, Sarah Longman, Monica Archambault. (Middle row, l. to r.): Marjorie-Anne Gilroy, Lori Milligan, Linda Mitchell, Holly Allison-Kay. (Front row, l. to r.): Karla Kober Cairns, Jodi Christiansen. Absent from picture, Kay-Lynne Purtill.