The Saskatchewan Ministry of Education's Pre-Kindergarten Program is a developmentally-appropriate early childhood education program for three and four year old children. Space is limited and children who would benefit most from enhanced programming are prioritized for enrolment.
The half-day program has a qualified teacher who provides play-based programming for 16 children for 10 months of the year. Programming focuses on holistic child development: social-emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual development.
Regina Public Schools hosts a Pre-Kindergarten program in 24 of its elementary schools. Please contact the school nearest to you for more information.
Families wanting to complete and submit a Pre-Kindergarten application for their child(ren) are encouraged to do so in spring (i.e. April, May, and June), over the summer, and by the end of August. Completed application forms should be submitted at the school. When schools are closed over the summer, completed application forms can be submitted at the Regina Public Schools Division Office to be forwarded to schools when schools reopen in the fall. The review of application forms submitted begins in late June and continues in late August with families informed of student selection by the end of September.
- Advertorial, Brochure, and Overview of Pre-Kindergarten Programs in Regina Public Schools
- Map of Regina Public Schools Pre-Kindergarten School Boundaries/Attendance Area (currently in 24 schools)
- School Locator
- Application Form for Pre-Kindergarten in Regina Public Schools
The Saskatchewan Ministry of Education Kindergarten program builds on early learning principles, paying particular attention to the environment and the roles of conversations and play in children's learning experiences. The teacher facilitates inquiry through children's play. Environments are carefully designed to inspire children to wonder, ask questions, and be curious; promote the holistic nature of children's learning; and encourage independence, responsibility, and participation.
Regina Public Schools offers full-day on alternating days programs and welcomes new Kindergarten students who will be five years of age or older on December 31st of the year they register. Regina Public Schools also offers French Immersion Kindergarten programs at some of our schools.
Regina Public Schools hosts a Kindergarten program in all of its elementary schools. Please contact the school nearest to you for more information.
Families wanting to register their child(ren) for Kindergarten are encouraged to complete and submit a registration for in late winter (i.e. March) with registration forms submitted at the school.
- Advertorial , Flyer, and Overview of Kindergarten Progams in Regina Public Schools
- Map of Regina Public Schools Elementary School Boundaries/Attendance Area (English Program and French Immersion Program)
- School Locator
- Registration Form for Kindergarten in Regina Public Schools
- Kindergarten School Calendar for 2017-18
Information regarding Early Learning in Saskatchewan developed by the Ministry of Education and/or Other Ministries as a support for early learners and their families:
- Saskatchewan Early Years Plan 2016-2020
- Spaces for Exploring, Growing, Learning
- Your Child’s Social Emotional Development
- Your Child Plays, Explores, Learns
- Your Child and Language and Literacy Development
- Supporting Children's Literacy Development
Information regarding Early Learning in Saskatchewan and Regina available online as a support for early learners and their families:
- City of Regina: Regina Childrens Initiative
- Ministry of Education: Prek-12 Education, Early Learning and Schools
- OneStop Kid Shop
- 211 Saskatchewan
Information regarding Early Learning for Regina Public School Division Teachers and Staff, can be accessed through log in to the RPS Website followed by accessing the Early Learning for Teachers and Staff webpage (CLICK HERE).
For additional information contact Juanita Redekopp-McKeown - Supervisor of Instruction (email@example.com or 306-523-3136).